Feb 9th, 2020 Board Meeting Minutes

 

Bald Eagle Area Association

Board Meeting Minutes

 

 

 

Date / Time:

2-9-2020 at 4:00 pm CST

Location:

Carole Moore’s Residence

Minutes Approved X

 

Attendees:

 

 

Bart Crockett (President)

 

Jim Ascheman (Member at Large)

x

Mike Doran (Treasurer)

 

Adam Moore (Member at Large)

x

Carole Moore (Secretary)

x

Jack Jungbauer (Member at Large

x

Molly Ertle (Member at Large)

x

Nick Guzzo (Member at Large)

 

 

x

Antonette Alexander (Member at Large)

 

 

Carole Moore called the meeting to order at 4:10pm. Mike made a motion to approve the minutes from 1-8-20, Jack seconded the motion and it was approved by all.  Carole will send the minutes to Adam to put on the website.

 

Mike Doran

Treasurer’s Report  

Mike reported that the bank balance for the operating budget is now $79,182.   Mike will present the 2020 budget at the next board meeting. The operating budget was depleted by $5k+ as a bill from Justin Townsend, RCWD, (boat inspections) for 2018 was recently received in the amount of $4490.  We also paid $600 for the 501C3 processing fees. It was discussed that we still want to help fund an inspection presence at the boat launch. It was suggested to cap that expenditure at $3,000. We have an application to complete for boat launch inspections.  It was tabled to the next meeting.

 

 

Antonette Alexander

Annual Dinner Report  

Invitations are almost ready to go.  Antonette will send them to Carole and maybe Mike, depending on which mailing vendor we use.  Carole will forward the invitation to Adam once final copy is received from Antonette.  Carole contacted Allegra to get a quote on the postage costs.  Carole will send invitations out via email as soon as Adam has the website set up to receive reservations and dues.  Adam will get things setup on the website for dinner and dues, notify Carole it’s ready and get the list of 2019 dues paid members posted.   Antonette will follow up with Bry at Dellwood to finalize dinner menu details and get a quote.  2 more round tables will be added and 3 additional auction item tables will be added.  We will continue with the one drink per person plan. Mike will create the drink tickets.

 

Molly reported and presented a low travel tumbler for a sale item.  It was decided to order 100 with the logo. The price is not yet confirmed.

 

It was discussed that we have our BEAA logo decals available to hand out at the dinner.  Adam will confirm pricing and possibility of having them available by then.  We would want to order 300.

 


 

FOLLOW UP FROM PRIOR MEETINGS:

 

 There were many agenda items from prior meetings.  Several needed to be tabled as they were items on Bart’s list.  Some were tabled as they could wait until the annual dinner has occurred.  Those items will keep moving forward onto subsequent meeting agendas until they’re all addressed.

 

  • Adam, Molly and Nick will work on creating a magnet to highlight the annual events sponsored by BEAA. It was suggested it be 4 x 6 in size. FYI- business size, #10 envelopes are exactly 4” high; I might need to get different envelopes.
  • Mike reported that there are no funds available any more for AIS grants.
  • Carole will post reminders for the Lake Clean Up Party. Adam will keep in touch with Kevin as the date approaches, and post any changes/updates to FB and Next Door while Carole is on vacation. 
  • Neither Carole or Nick will be in town on 2/29 for the Lake Clean Up event.
  • Nick will create an Instagram account for BEAA.
  • Dinner will be $75/each. Dues will continue at $75 or $150 per household.
  • Jim and Antonette submitted their “job descriptions” as BEAA board members.
  • Jack reported that he’d contacted the city of Hugo, but had not yet heard back about their interest in attending a BEAA Board meeting. He’ll follow up. (He heard back the day after the meeting – is on next month’s agenda).

 

Motion to adjourn made by Carole, seconded by Molly, meeting adjourned at 6:50 pm

 

Next meeting date 3-3-2020 at Carole Moore’s house, NOTE TIME IS CHANGED TO 6 PM by unanimous vote.


Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published