BEAA Board Meeting Minutes 9-11-23

Bald Eagle Area Association

Board Meeting Minutes




Date / Time:

9-11-23 6:00 pm


Carole Moore’s  house

Approved   10-9-2023




Meg Rapheal (President)


Doug Mulder  (Vice President)


Jack Jungbauer (Treasurer)


Carole Moore (Secretary)


Laura Shepler (Member at Large)


Jenn Anderson (Member at Large


Sue Wade (Member at Large)


Joe Boeser (Member at Large)


Deb Donovan (Member at Large)




Matt Kocien – RCWD

Matt attended the board meeting to bring us up to date on the analysis regarding a possible booster alum treatment.  His full report is attached at the end of this document.  At this time, there is still analysis that needs to be done. Joe Bishop, with Barr Engineering, is working with Matt on this analysis.

Matt also stated some work is being planned on Judicial Ditch 1 to dredge it out so it continues to filter.  They sometimes use chemicals or aeration, but a study will determine how to make them work better.

A question was asked about installing more SAFL Baffles. Per Matt, that would require contacting White Bear Township.

Matt will be present at the annual meeting on October 19th and will share this information there.




Meg made a motion to approve the August meeting minutes.  Jenn seconded and they were approved by all.  Carole will add them to the website.


Jack Jungbauer - Treasurer’s Report


  • The bank balance as of 8/31/23 is $52,836. Of that, $10,829.90 is set aside for shoreline restoration work from 2022 and for 2023.
  • $125k invested in short term-higher yield options: $50k in 13-month CD to 12/12/23. $25k in 7-month CD to 11/19/23. $50k in 13-month CD until 5/19/24. This includes the NIRP fund reserve of $50k.
  • Jack presented a draft of his treasurer’s report for the annual meeting. He will make some revisions and share it with the board at the October board meeting, which precedes the annual meeting.
  • Payments included:
    • 2024 Dellwood Deposit, Shoreline Grants of $9397, Music on the Lake banners, reimbursement to Deb from the dinner, BEAA logo blankets and Shopify fees.
  • Jack is still working to finalize the IRS filings for form 990. Jack is continuing to work with the IRS regarding the BEAA status.
  • Carole submitted a receipt for reimbursement for the BEAA notecard order.
  • $29,775 has been received in dues. 46% of homeowners have paid.
  • YTD $1175 has been received in general donations and $1110 was donated specifically for Music on the lake.


Meg Rapheal – President’s Report

  • We are still in search of a new board member, to be a “member at large” and for someone to start working with Carole this fall and take over her role in October 2024.
  • Annual meeting signs were brought to the meeting and will be set up as soon as possible.
  • Meg is going to follow up with the DNR and Ramsey Co. Parks and Rec to get information about adding a longer concrete pad to the boat launch so it doesn’t need to be worked on every year. She is also asking about controlling the dam/weir on the north end of the lake to retain more water.  Carole will look in BEAA records for any information on the dam/weir and a possible contact at the DNR that might direct her to the person involved in boat launch maintenance.  Meg also mentioned an idea of adding a power washer to the boat launch area.  We may look into options regarding this.
  • Kathy Fleming drafted a letter to be sent out to watch for zebra mussels as boats, docks and lifts come out this fall. Carole will send that out via Mail Chimp and post on FB and ND. Dawn Hiniker is going to take over the zebra mussel work from Kathy.
  • Laura will take over product/online store issues as Doug will no longer be on the board.
    • Some products mentioned were throwables, bumper clips, small flags, floppy hats for adults/kids, floatable key chains, bumpers, can coolers, insulated tumblers like “Tervis” brand with lid option, beach towels, golf towels.


Doug Mulder - Vice President Report – Doug was not in attendance, so no report was made.


Annual Dinner Report – Deb and Sue

  • Dellwood has been reserved for 4-25-2024


Music on the Lake – Jenn and Laura

  • Jenn confirmed that Free and Easy is available for our next event 7/6/24.
  • The venue location is TBD.



Jack made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:45 p.m. Sue seconded and all approved.



Next meeting 10/9/23, 6 pm at Meg’s house.










Matt Kocien- RCWD summary follows.