BEAA Board Meeting 4-10-2023

Bald Eagle Area Association

Board Meeting Minutes




Date / Time:

4-10-23 6:00 pm


Deb Donovan’s  house

Approved   5-8-2023




Meg Rapheal (President) via phone


Doug Mulder  (Vice President) via phone


Jack Jungbauer (Treasurer)


Carole Moore (Secretary)


Laura Shepler (Member at Large)


Jenn Anderson (Member at Large


Sue Wade (Member at Large)


Joe Boeser (Member at Large)


Deb Donovan (Member at Large)






Meg made a motion to approve the March Board meeting minutes. It was seconded by Doug and approved by all.  Carole will add them to the website.


Jack Jungbauer - Treasurer’s Report


  • The bank balance as of 3/31/23 is $145,903. Of that, $35,000 is set aside for shoreline restoration work from 2022 and for 2023.
  • In March, the IRS was paid $550 for tax filing fees.
  • The NIRP fund reserve remains at $50,000.
  • Jack will contact Craig McNulty regarding an insurance rider policy for Music on the Lake now that the location has been determined to be Bart Crockett’s.
  • Jack will check on 6 month CD rates at Premier Bank.
  • Carole reported on dues and donations received as of noon 4-10-23:
    • $28,425 was received in dues. 44% of homeowners have paid.
    • YTD $1175 has been received in general donations and $1030 was donated specifically for Music on the lake.
    • $7840 was received for 96 annual dinner reservations.
    • It was decided the winner of the dues drawing for BEAA logo gear, Scott and MaryLynn Rappa, would receive $100 towards products.


Meg Rapheal – President’s Report

  • The e-dna sampling issue is no longer an issue, as Bald Eagle Lake will not be sampled. We did have a great response for volunteers right away, however.
  • Carole will send out the following letter via Mail Chimp and Facebook after the annual dinner.



Bald Eagle Lake Association Members:


As Board members of the Bald Eagle Lake Association (BEAA), we have been brainstorming ideas around two goals; one, getting BEAA members to visit our website more frequently and two, building a stronger lake community. 


We are wondering if a listing of various businesses owned by supporting BEAA members, would be something of interest?   We could add a “Businesses owned by Bald Eagle Lake Supporting Members” page to the BEAA Website, including contact information, links, business logos, etc.  Would you be interested in this option?  We’d appreciate your feedback. We will gather feedback from the various interested businesses and decide on next steps.  Please send any comments or feedback to


Thanks in advance for your thoughts on this.

Meg Rapheal



Doug Mulder - Vice President Report – Doug was not present for the meeting, but called in to participate.

    • Doug contacted Don Magistad and talked with John Goodrich of Fishing for Life, regarding the contest. Fishing for Life cannot help this year. Mark Tipler of “Tips” was mentioned as a resource for kids outdoors activities. Doug might be able to meet with him mid-April.  Doug will also meet with the high school fishing coach at White Bear Lake High School.
    • Justin received additional pictures from Kathy Fleming, regarding the zebra mussel discovery last fall on West Bald Eagle Blvd. Justin said they would be doing some e-dna checks and other extra evaluations on Bald Eagle due to this new discovery . We need to keep promoting awareness of zebra mussels on the lake. Carole will post something on FB and ND to remind residents to check their docks and lifts as they put them back in.
    • There was discussion about opening the Graffic Traffic store and what items should be made available. Members were asked to report back to Doug with their 4 favorite items. There was some discussion about having a “design a t-shirt” contest for Music on the Lake, using high school art students. Laura was going to check with a teacher she knows. Deb will also ask Taylor Hillestad for ideas.
    • Doug has the corn hole games for the auction and the wagon for the liquor raffle.


Annual Dinner Report –Deb and Sue


  • Deb has sweatshirt blankets available for the dinner. She ordered 40 blankets. They will go for $45/ea or 2/$80.
  • Deb and Sue shared menu options with the board. The food will cost $67.25 per person.
  • Vickie Baker and Sue Morrisette have agreed to work check in. Carole will provide 2 reservation lists and one full member list.
  • Carole has pens, name tags and 10x game envelopes.


Board members will be helping with the following items on the day of the dinner:

  • Jack will help sell 10X game. Carole will bring the 10x envelopes to Dellwood during morning set up.
  • Meg – will bring new mission statement related activities document for display.
  • Carole will bring board member name tags, a bag of pens and name tags from guests at the annual dinner.
  • Deb has drink tickets
  • Sue will ask Sue Morrisette and Vicky Baker to work check in.
  • Sue will bring the tub with sharpies, tape, scissors, misc. supplies
  • CC scanners – Deb will contact Adam Moore to borrow his squares and have him help set them up.
    • All available board members are asked to help with set up at 10:00 a.m. (approximately 2 hours)
    • Board members should arrive at 5:00 p.m. to help with any last-minute items and greet guests
    • Silent Auction Check-Out
      • Jenn and Joel will stand at Fireside Room door until check out begins to stagger entry
      • Sue and Laura will help guests find and carry items to check-out
      • Check-out – Deb, Meg, Bridget, Cheryl & Carole
      • Doug and Joe will help with guest departure, carry items, troubleshoot valet

Music on the Lake – Jenn and Laura

  • Jenn received a contract and an addendum from the band. It has several big errors as to date, time of event, etc.  Joe will review the documents and work with Jenn to get them revised. Once the documents are okay, Meg can sign them.
  • The band requested a 16’ x 20’ stage. Now that the snow is gone,  Jenn will get pictures of the lawn area and discuss staging needs with the band.
  • Doug will check to see if we could rent dock sections to use as a stage or perhaps White Bear Rental has something we could use.


Meeting with community dock associations

  • Jenn and Joe will be meeting with the Timber Lake Dock Association (Hobe Ln) in April and will report back at the next meeting.


Jack made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:50 p.m. Joe seconded and all approved.



Next meeting 5/8/23, 6 pm at Carole’s house.